Tuesday, July 31, 2012

THIS is a poster!

                                                  THIS is a poster!
                                                 Keep this going! Read to the end!




If it weren't for the United States military,
there'd be NO United States of America .
PLEASE DO NOT HOLD ON TO THIS NOR PRESS DELETE. SOMEONE HAS TO HOLD OUR COUNTRY IN THEIR HANDS. SEND THIS ON.

THE FINAL INSPECTION
The Soldier stood and faced God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining,
Just as brightly as his brass.
'Step forward now, Soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My Church have you been true?'
The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
'No, Lord, I guess I ain't.
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint.
I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.
But, I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime,
When the bills got just too steep.
And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God, forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place,
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around,
Except to calm their fears.
If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand.
There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod.
As the Soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.
'Step forward now, you Soldier,
You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell.'
Author Unknown ~

It's the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us the freedom of the press.
It's the Soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us the freedom of speech.
It's the Soldier, not the politicians
That ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
It's the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag.
If you care to offer the smallest token of recognition and appreciation for the Military, 
Please pass this on.

12 comments:

detersbb said...

I am confused.

Does this blog support peace, sustainable living, and a cooperative vs competitive means of providing for oneself and one's family as evinced by all the articles on spirituality, christianity, and aliens

OR

Does this blog support the pro-war, pro-death, pro-destruction, pro-colonizaliztion, pro-theft of national natural resources that the war on terror has come to be?

You can not support the war on terror and peace at the same time, any more so than you can support a war based economy and fiscal conservatism as the two are at odds with each other and the practice/support of the one is to the exclusion of the other. You can not love one and hate one at the same time as the act of loving one is nullified by the act of hating that same one and the reverse is true-to hate one is nullified by the act of loving one at the same time.

What is this blogs position?

John MacHaffie said...

THIS BLOG SUPPORTS HONORABLE MEN DOING WHAT HAS TO BE DONE IN BAD CIRCUMSTANCES.

THIS BLOG SUPPORTS TRUTH, HONESTY AND INTEGRITY.

THIS BLOG SUPPORTS THE ENDING OF ALL WARS.

THIS BLOG SUPPORTS THE FEW GOOD MEN THAT HAVE PUT THERE LIVES ON THE LINE.

detersbb said...

That Marine in the poster, had he done the honorable thing, he would have refused deployment orders the same as LT Colonel Terry Larkin even in light of a court martial and prison sentence at FT Leavenworth.

This blog posts regularly commentary by someone claiming to be talking on behalf/claiming to channel the Archangel Michael-This is the truth?

This blog posts regularly commentary on Drake and Cobra-dragon and serpent/snake which has called for months that the mass arrests of the cabal members was going to happen only for there to be a last minute excuse and a new fantasy deadline set that when passed another excuse is forthcoming and a new deadline. This is honesty & integrity?

This blog regularly posts anti-arbic/anti-muslim posts-How, if I might ask, is the world going to get to ending wars when the fuel of propaganda, dehumanizing, and hate mongering runs thick on "truther" sites?

This blog constantly posts pro-christian pieces-I think Jesus-the original leader of the Christian movement said something to the effect of "No man is good, but God." I not sure who your few good men are, but if you want to be congruent to Jesus-that might need some reflection.

I also think it was Jesus who said love your neighbor as you love yourself-not love only your judeo-christian neighbor, but all neighbors including Muslims.

Fighting will continue so long as we carry the hatred in our hearts directed towards those who are different than us. If I am not mistaken I think Jesus even said something to that effect when he said-To look upon your brother with hatred in your heart is to have killed him.

If we want to support a good guy how about we support the actual Jesus in what he said and did-not as we want to interpret what he said and did.

Anonymous said...

Hoo Rahh! Thank you for the post and your clarification.
Thanks again John.

Anonymous said...

"The good has only one enemy, the bad; the bad have two enemies, the good and the bad". Our Daily Bread.

What counts most is the INTENTION, not the IDEA, because there are good ideas that can be used for bad intentions. PIM

John MacHaffie said...

detersbb - I think I am seeing a chip on your shoulder!

detersbb said...

8.25 years In the USMC
4.75 years in the National Guard

0 years enforcing the rule of law, preserving, protecting, and defending the US Constitution against enemies domestic.

I have been used as a force in support of international terrorism, money laundering, and aggressive war-resource theft.

I have that chip because I have been used and want to see justice. Promotion of war & pro-military is promotion of the status-quo.

We need change and that starts by questioning all the "truths" we hold so near & dear.

John MacHaffie said...

detersbb - I salute you and I have many buddies who share the crap you went through. The purpose of this blog is awareness.

I also have buddies who did not come back AND do appreciate what they as individuals do.

Anonymous said...

When I look at this picture, it just breaks my heart...

I thought when I left the jungle all those years ago, that America had finally learned its lesson - that war is nearly always the wrong solution, creates unspeakable suffering, and solves nothing. Forty years later I see this young man who is now being used to mess with our heads, our emotions and our hearts, just as he was used for intimidation and profit for the psychopaths that sent him to do their dirty work. He is an honorable man, they are as vile and disgusting as anything that ever crawled out from under a rock or the pits of hell.

Our hearts obviously go out to him and all of the young men and women that are the cannon fodder for this, the PTBs latest misguided commitment to death and destruction. I would perhaps feel better about it if some of the gutless, criminal, self-serving, cowardly bureaucrats that instigated this disaster were sitting on that stool.

Turns out, I love my country, my countrymen, and our brave solders, I just hate the government that needlessly did this to him. Who knew...

Peace brothers

Anonymous said...

America hasn't fought a just war in a looong time, if the soldiers would just refuse the illegal orders, we wouldn't be in so many illegal wars.

Anonymous said...

I would put a title on that pic that says, they lied to me, had me fightand kill for profits of the bankers and elite, used me, I lost my legs and all I have to show for it are these stupid medals!

Anonymous said...

i agree this post is pathetic the men serving are tools of evil no way around it